What We Do
We are a company in the business of turning your ideas into reality—from inception to completion and every stage in between.
The enduring trademarks of H.J. LeBoeuf & Son projects have always been quality construction and attention to detail. Attention to detail is embodied in our philosophy of contextual design, which in turn is reflected in the natural and cultural environments of each project.
Working With Us
We have several driving principles when working with our clients to ensure complete satisfaction:
- Create open, comfortable relationships
- Provide excellent workmanship
- Offer competitive rates
- Stay within budget
- Guarantee our work
H.J. LeBoeuf’s strength lies in having expertise in various types of work. We work in new residential, remodeling and specialized light commercial building projects as well. This wide range allows us to be very flexible.
In 1888 Norman’s great-grandfather, C.L. LeBoeuf, set up his general contracting company in Vergennes. C.L.’s son, John, took over the family business following C.L.’s retirement. John’s son, Howard Senior, then took ownership of the company and officially named it H.J. LeBoeuf & Son. It was in 1965 that Howard Junior, Norman’s father, incorporated the business. Howard Junior has since retired, leaving the family business to be run by his sons, Norman and Lee.
Lee, a licensed architect, moved to St. Louis, Missouri in 1994. Although halfway across the country, Lee is still active in the business and lends his professional assistance and skills as needed.
Norman now lives in New Haven, Vermont. He continues to run the company and carry on the legacy of design-build excellence his great-great-grandfather began over one century ago. As owner, president and designer he takes an active role in every aspect of the business.
- Building Construction Technology
- Associate Degree, 1967
University of Virginia
- School of Architecture, 1968-1969
University of Nebraska
- School of Engineering and Construction Science
- Bachelor of Science Degree, 1971
- Chairman of the Vergennes Planning Commission, 1972–1976
- Board Member of the Friends of the Vergennes Opera House, 1993-1999
- Board Member of the Addison County Chapter of Habitat for Humanity, 2002–2007
- Board Member of H.O.P.E. / Addison County Community Action Group, 2003-2010
- Building Committee of Addison County Chapter of Habitat for Humanity, 2003-Present
Saint Michael’s College
- Chemistry & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Arts, 1979
Vermont Technical College
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science Degree, 1995