You no doubt value your home. Not only for the roof it puts over your head, but also as a haven from the outside world and as an expression of your own uniqueness. The Design-Build approach to construction allows you to have an active role in designing your dream home by working with one firm from start to finish.
H.J. LeBoeuf & Son will work with you at every stage of design and construction to create the home that best matches your desires and your budget. If you choose to redesign your existing home, we will ensure that your specific desires and concerns are factored into the plan right from the start.
The efficiencies of the Design-Build process help ensure that your time and your money are well spent. This is one-stop shopping at its best. Your priorities drive the project. Your wishes and ideas determine design, selection of materials, and the budget.
Our firm provides the expertise and experience to turn your ideas into reality. We will take your basic needs & desires and make them beautiful.
Benefits of the Design-Build Approach
- Everybody is on the same team: We are in this together and we all have the same goal – to arrive at the successful conclusion of a project that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations. When challenges are encountered on a project (and there are always challenges), pointing fingers or making excuses are not options. Everyone rolls up their sleeves and begins work on finding solutions.
- Accountability: One entity is accountable for everything – including how the end result looks, how much it costs and the timeline of completion. When the same team that designs the project also builds the project, there tends to be much more attention given to pricing and scheduling in the design phase. The cost of everything is taken into account early on in the process; all fees, construction costs, utilities, landscaping allowances…everything.
- Continuity: A design-build firm is involved from start to finish, which adds an inherent level of efficiency. The chance for things to fall through the cracks is greatly diminished.
- Expertise: Design-build firms are experts in both fields. The principals should have formal architectural training and have experience in the architecture field. They should also have professional experience in construction and fully understand pricing, sequencing and how buildings go together. At H.J. LeBoeuf & Son, not only do we possess these skills, we have over 120 years experience designing and building for our clients.
- Professional Guidance: Design and construction should not be chaotic or stressful. A design-build firm is a beacon of light to its clients throughout the entire process, guiding the way to the desired outcome. Design-build firms define the process from beginning to end and organize the perceived chaos into orderly steps so that you don’t have to.
- Involvement: Design-build operates under the assumption that the client actually wants to be an active participant in the design and construction of their home. By taking an active role, the client is guaranteeing that they get the desired outcome and and are fully satisfied with the end result. We have found that such involvement is inspiring and gives people a lasting sense of pride about their home.
- Collaboration: Design-build cuts out the big egos so common in the design industry. In design-build, the client retains total control over the project and the team is there to empower them.
- Communication: The best kind of communication is open, honest and often. Our design-build process is transparent because we want our clients to know and understand what is happening throughout the duration of a project. The best partnerships work not because people say what everyone wants to hear, but because they say what everyone needs to hear.
- Timelines: Design and construction involves managing hundreds of timelines that require seamless coordination. Design-build creates opportunities for clients to think about big decisions, ask questions, and consider their options. Anything the team can do to avoid taking steps backwards is going to lead to better, faster and more cost-effective results. The design-build system is highly adaptive and responsive in this respect. Big decisions can be revisited during construction without change orders or additional fees. The conventional mindset is that if you make changes it will cost you money – this is not necessarily true in design-build.